TUFLOW FV
Sign in to follow this  
Chris.Huxley

How to extract cell ID and cell centre xy co-ordinates to create a cell elevation file

Question

I would like to use the cell elevation input file command to overwrite the centre centre elevations in my model.

Cell Elevation File == <cell elevation file (.csv), xytype, ztype>

Is there an easy way to get a list of the cell IDs and the associated cell centre x,y co-ordinates?

Answer

Yes, you can use the echo spatial command to get this information.

Echo spatial == 1   !(default == 0, off)

This command will write a file to the log folder called '<run_name>_spatial_geo.csv'. The  file contains a summary of the geometry data (cell ID, cell centre xy coordinates, elevation, material). The data from this echo file can easily be updated and used as a cell elevation file for future simulations.

Question:

I have used a cell elevation file to specify the bathymetry, but when I open the .2dm geometry file in SMS I cannot visualise the bathymetry?

Answer:

If you have only used cell elevation files to specify the geometry (in the FCV file) and an elevation data source has not been associated with the mesh in SMS, the .2dm file will not include any elevation data.

To view the geometry in SMS, you can output the parameter ZB (Bed Elevation) in SMS .dat format (output==dat) and read in as a scatter dataset instead of a data file attacthed to a .2dm geometry file.